[geeks] E-Bay - 1991 Sun TriGem Slt-100 Sparc Laptop

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 18:05:34 CDT 2001

BB> YOU ARE ALL SPOILED.

I can easily believe that.  It's all perception - I'm personally
experiencing the same sort of thing between my dial-up and my friend's
DSL.

BB> Keep in mind - ten years ago - THIS WAS A HOT-ASS WORKSTATION.

Which cost more than my parent's first house. ;-)  Not that I'm
complaining - I have several of those "expensive" Unix workstations
and enjoy each of them.

BB> I did PLENTY of "good work" on a 16meg SPARCstation 1, with multiple
BB> 200 or 500 meg hard drives, a dual-slot CG6, and an old Hitachi 19".
BB> Running Netscape, FVWM, *and* having other people telnetted in.

[old fart]Walked ten miles in the snow each way to work with a
hand-cranked computer system...[/old fart] *ducks and runs*

Bet Bill's going to be posting on ASR now about "#$*&^@ spoiled
lusers!" ;-)

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html