[geeks] wearable computers for Linux / FreeBSD?

Josh Mast geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 05:38:54 CDT 2001

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 10:14:35AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:

> Seeing as  how I find myself with an abundance of wasted time at my
> factory job, I've come up with the idea of getting a wearable computer.
> Nothing fancy, maybe a mobile P90 (for real work) or a 386 (for text
> reading). Any ideas on where I could find one for something affordable?

 I'm not really aware of anything like that for actual public consumption, however I can provide a couple links that may be of interest :

 MIT's wearable computing project : http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/projects/wearables/

 Along with the "So you want to build your own wearable" FAQ at http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/projects/wearables/FAQ/Wear-Hard.txt .

 And of course, Covert greyscale sunglasses display: http://aeinnovations.com/3rdgen-static.html

-Josh