[geeks] gun collectors?

Jim Carver geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 20 17:31:15 CDT 2001

As pointed out by another poster, almost anyone and everyone got into
the act during the war. AFAIK, IBM only manufactored one complete gun
and some small parts for other Carbine makers. Remember, at this time,
the only "computers" IBM was making were 10 key addding machines. They
had complete foundry and machine shop facilities. Another sought after
makers is "Rockola" of jukebox fame. There were actually 10 different
makers. Although one, Irwin Pederson, couldn't get their act together
and had their contract pulled. Not to start a war or anything, BUT,
there is nothing more satifisfying than emptying a clip of .30 cal.
fired from an IBM, into a MAC ;^)

				jim

P.S. Sparc 4, 5, & 20 type chassis require .30 cal armour piercing to
do much damage to them. (Ducking, it was only a dead Xterminal!!)