[geeks] gun collectors?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 19 20:36:39 CDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 09:03:13PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I would imagine that in most areas that isn't a legal way to wire the home
> network.  I wouldn't want to try it.  But I guess one does need some
> excuse for playing with their toys. :)

My house has a stone exterior.  To install new phone jacks, etc:

1.  The guys from the phone company come out.
2.  They run the wire from the demarc point, up along the wood boards
    under the roof overhang, till they get to where they want the jack
    to be.
3.  They drop it down, get out a drill, DRILL THROUGH the house until
    the bit comes out on the inside.
4.  Fish cable through, come inside, install jack.

You can kinda see it in these pics.  First one is the cable/phone
demarc point.  Look at "slinky03", and you'll see the cable for my
phone jack in the computer room coming down just to the left of the
window.

http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/antenna/

The "slinky" is my ham radio HF antenna.  Max antenna length in
minimal space! 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford