[geeks] Sun-HOWTO

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 19 10:00:11 CDT 2001

>  > > So Sun has addressed the internal drive heat issue by removing
>the ability
>>  > to put drive internally... ;^)
>
>>  Think about it - up to 106 CPU's, power supplies, and fans.  NO ROOM...
>
>Two words.
>
>BIGGER BOX
>
>*ducks*
  If you want a bigger box check out the origin3800 from SGI.  These
things are *MASSIVE* upto 512 cpus (right now thats a limit in IRIX,
NOT a hardware limit)  multipe terabytes of storage, hundreds of gigs
of ram, all in one.... "box"  but its really more like a wall.  I
only wish I had the 10-50 mil these things probably cost.

daniel