[geeks] Groove, your opinion please

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 19 05:48:05 CDT 2001

My only system for over a year was an OSI Superboard,
a 1 MHz 6502 system - I don't want to hear *anybody*
whining about anything faster than that! ;^)

I am on a ThinkNIC maillist, and one fellow recently
posted that he wanted to up the RAM from 64 to 256
Megs, and up the CPU to over 600 MHz so he could use
the box as a "Thin Client". I commented "isn't Java
wonderful" on a hunch, and I turned out to be correct!

My how the definition of a thin client has changed -
when I think thin client I think of Citrix or an
Xterm, not a system that needs a quarter-gig of RAM
and a blazing CPU - I call that "diskless"...

Ken

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
<snip>

> My *only* system for over a year was a SPARCstation
> 10 with a single SM51.
> I dont wanna hear anybody whining about a 4xSM51
> SS20. 8-)

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com