[geeks] Sun-HOWTO

Joshua Fielden geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 19 01:24:18 CDT 2001

actually, myself and my team of three owned 9 of the servers, leaving 8
people for the other 2,992. But I took 52 of the raw TB off of their hands
myself, with three really big servers. and being in an N+1 setup, it was
often easier to jumpstart than troubleshoot for production issues. My old
boss gave a great talk at Vision 2000 about how we couldn't have done it
without lots and lots of Veritas software to help us manage all that disk.

We also had ~1GB (yes, Gig) of documentation, best-practices, FAQ, product
specs, and other administrativa to help us, and a mature staff. We also had
possibly the best tools team ever assembled helping us. Almost the whole
tools team left, to found a company that now sells 'monitoring and
infrastructure in a box' based on what we had there, it was so robust.