[geeks] Sun-HOWTO

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 18 18:14:43 CDT 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Heh, I'd love to get one of *those* cardboard boxes
> for my son!

I'll keep my eyes open - where do you live?

> How do they physically move the thing - forklift?
> Wheels? What are the environmental
> concerns/rrequirements to accept delivery of the
> shipment?

Shipped in an electronics truck, usually with a lift gate.  hand-forklift
into datacenter (usually).

Floor must be able to handle the weight, tiles placed correctly, 12x30A
L6-30 power required, etc.  I believe the planning guide is on
docs.sun.com.

> That would be cool to see it "light-up"...

And watch the other lights dim... <evil grin>

Not enough blinkey lights for my taste.  The Top Cap is cool, has LCD
display...

> BTW, how does Netscape run on it? StarOffice? Could I
> run Solaris 2.5.1 and put WABI on it? Or plug in a
> SunPCi card?

Netscape?  Fine.  2.5.1, not a chance, Needs Sol 8 MU 6.  SunPCI would not
work, I believe.

-Pete