[geeks] Sun-HOWTO

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 18 08:41:00 CDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 05:49:05AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> How *dare* you think of running NetScape or Staroffice
> on one of these!  Of course, with 114G of ram and 72 CPUs,
> Java might actually run at a reasonable speed.. 8-)

Easy.  He works in a sensible environment that wants to purchase one
computer, and 10 dozen xterms instead of wasting a machine on every tom
dick and harry.  What else would people do with a machine like
this? (Alright, I know, run Oracle or sendmail, etc, but one can still
hope for a return to when machines were big and terminals were just
terminals).

--
Joshua D. Boyd