[geeks] Return to the 50's

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 19:26:57 CDT 2001

>>The clothing the Rockettes wear for a photo shoot (a
>>*staged* photo shoot is indicitive of nothing more
>>than what the photographer was able to convince them
>>to wear...

There are other indications - just look at the shifting trends.

>>Wiretap laws are being reconsidered in response to a
>>horrorific recent event. Calm heads will prevail, I am
>>certain.

Like they did with the DMCA and such?

>>There always were/always will be religious fanatics no
>>matter their denomination, that they want to spread
>>their belief to others is "the way it has always
>>been."

True but they've starter pushing harder now.  There's an increase in
media on them and they know it.  They're using the recent events to
springboard themselves into a better position of power.

>>I was struck this morning listening to the radio this
>>morning how indifferent I was to the report during the
>>traffic report that there were delays at the "security
>>checkpoints" going into NYC, the single passenger
>>restriction entering the city, and the anthrax attack
>>in Washington, D.C....

Heightened security I don't have a problem with it.  Thankfully the new
media seems to (mostly) be giving the proper info on the Anthrax
stuff.  Not a contagious disease except by breathing really.

>>(Although I believe your intentions were sincere by
>>posting this, it really comes close to flame bait in
>>my book - you potentially insulted religious,
>>political, and fashion beliefs members of our list may
>>subscribe to).

It was meant sincerely Ken but I can see where it might be considered
flamebait.  That was not my intention - I just have very few places
where I would be able to find intelligent people to discuss this stuff
with.  I felt that this was such a place since stuff like this affects
people everywhere.  My apologies to any who were offended.

Mike Hebel                       mailto:nimitz at owc.net
(Who desperately needs his own mail server.)

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc