[geeks] Search Engines

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 11:23:01 CDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 11:09:16AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 11:40:26AM -0400, Big Endian wrote:
> > grep?
>
> Dont make me hurt you.

I just use a few lines of $language_of_choice wrapped around dbm.  Part of
the Makefile which publishes my site from the staging to the live server
is to re-spider the site.  If you want the code I can send it to you, but
it's pretty trivial.

It's fast, but not as flexible as (say) Altavista - it doesn't allow
arbitrary boolean searches - but it's good enough to do the job.

  There is no sigmonster