[geeks] Anyone try/look into DirectvDSL service?

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 16 09:45:07 CDT 2001

Who knows? Port scan, on-site visit during install, threat to shut down
connection if *suspected* based on profile of activity, whatever...

I personally don't know how you would determine it, but if they havea charge
for multiple computers, I would assume they have some whay to enforce it.

But, as we all learned, the multiple computer charge appears to be for
multiple *IP addresses*, maybe a very nice option ;^)

BUT, my big concern now is the loss of my dial-up account currently offered
gratis by Verizon (I don't even know if I am supposed to be able to use the
dial-up network, I just found the number and my account *works*.)...

Hmm, the pondering continues...

I have 640K/128K ADSL now, and 1.5M/128K ADSL would b very nice...

Thanks for the inputs everyone, I do appreciate it!

Ken