[geeks] Am I insane? (wait, don't answer *yet*)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 13 14:58:01 CDT 2001

n2vip at bellatlantic.net writes:

>I just spent about an hour sorting all my case screws and drive screws from
>various PC hardware into a compartmented storage box (about 8"x12") - I
>really didn't think the old storage system (two zip-lock baggies, one in the
>den, one in the basement was so bad... (but a few *years* ago I promised
>myself I would organize my screws and bolts..)

Yes, that makes you insane.

>BTW, my den *and* basements look like a datacenter exploded in them, so I
>really could have benefitted from spending that hour in one of them cleaning
>up...

I just spent a couple of days reracking all of my gear, and rewiring
the whole lan. I got a nice switch, so the AUI hub & thinwire segment
had to go, and I wanted everything to look "datacentery", everything
racked & covered with the proper panels, etc. My RS/6000 server finally
looks like they do in the ads (almost). :-)

One more cabinet to go...

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-- I make them out of clay and bring them to life with a blood sacrifice. --