[geeks] Bush's Speech

Mike Dombrowski geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 05:20:06 CDT 2001

On 12 Oct 2001, at 0:46, geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> Yeah, he can't speak off the cuff worth a damn, but he's got the best

I think he did excellent last night. Now, they probably prepared him
for the type of questions and responses but he did an excellent job
neverless.

> speechwriters the party can buy.  I hope you don't think he writes his
> own speeches - especially if you review his academic record and his

Duh.

> business record.  He's just not that bright, poor guy.  But he is our

I don't think you need a rocket scientist for President. Being smart
helps but I think Bush is smarter than people give him credit for
and as someone said, the worst things get the better Bush gets.

> Someday, we will get over our shortsightedness in this wonderful
> country of ours and elect pur president based on ability, not the
> color of their skin, gender, sexual preference, or religion.  I know

I think it's entirely possible very soon. Look at Powell, O'Conner,
and the Senate minority whip.

> I'm damn sick of the word "God" every time one of them speaks... As a
> non-christian, I find it annoying at times.

I'm an athiest and I have no problem with a politician saying that
we're praying or may God help us. I don't think any religion would
be offended by that.

Mike