[geeks] Bush's Speech

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 23:37:08 CDT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Mike Dombrowski wrote:

> Wow, Bush is looking better as President every time I see him.
> He's turning out to be a fantastic speaker and President I think. I
> think his speech was truely excellent. Being a youngin I've not
> seen that many Presidents/other political leaders but Bush is the
> first that I've really felt such faith for and admired. Any other
> thoughts?

Yeah, he can't speak off the cuff worth a damn, but he's got the best
speechwriters the party can buy.  I hope you don't think he writes his own
speeches - especially if you review his academic record and his business
record.  He's just not that bright, poor guy.  But he is our president, so
I support him.  I just wish Colin Powell were in charge instead.

Someday, we will get over our shortsightedness in this wonderful country
of ours and elect pur president based on ability, not the color of their
skin, gender, sexual preference, or religion.  I know I'm damn sick of the
word "God" every time one of them speaks... As a non-christian, I find it
annoying at times.

-Pete