[geeks] Bush's Speech

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 21:04:37 CDT 2001

Favorite line:

Reporter: "Mr. President, everyone is being asked to
be on guard - what should the American People be on
the lookout for?"

President: "Well, if you see someone you don't know,
getting into a crop duster they don't own, report
them.

If you see someone suspecious hanging around a
petroleum plant, report them."

My daddy used to call those kinds of answers "idiot
lessons" - it was fun to see the reporter sit down and
start taking notes on his answer... ;^O

I never laughed so hard at a presidential speech.

My main impression of his speech, he was quite
comfortable...

Ken

--- Mike Dombrowski <legodude at hammycorp.com> wrote:
> Wow, Bush is looking better as President every time
> I see him.
> He's turning out to be a fantastic speaker and
> President I think. I
> think his speech was truely excellent. Being a
> youngin I've not
> seen that many Presidents/other political leaders
> but Bush is the
> first that I've really felt such faith for and
> admired. Any other
> thoughts?
>
> Mike

=====