[geeks] A differnet type of geek adventure....

Michael A. Turner geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 10 14:17:31 CDT 2001

  	Ok instead of relating a story that has happened, I need advice on a
geek story that will happen.
I just found out that I have gotten the name vabeach.info registered to me.
I currently live in Virginia Beach Va (vabeach). The reason I got this name
was so that I could cause the local goverment some heartburn about the
boneheaded things they do, and maybe leverage it into a cash sum down the
road if someone offers to buy me out :-).
	What I need advice on is how can I secure this site so that it
cannot be snagged back from me by WIPO or some other legislative body. I
plan to get a site on it as fast as possible so that I can stake my claim
better. The site is basically going to be based on "The real INFO about
virginia beach" were I air all their dirty laundry for everyone to see.
Anyone got advice how to bullet proof against trademark claims and such?

	Also were can I find a hosting site that won't buckle under pressure
for this domain? I have a couple leads but some advice would be helpfull on
who to go with. Don't want to have to fight with them if I try to move it
later. My work could host, but since we do a lot of bussiness with the city
of virginia beach my boss is way against it.

	Looking forward to your theorizing about this.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org