[geeks] AW YEAH

D.A. Muran-de Assereto geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 9 17:45:57 CDT 2001

Congratulations. I know how you feel....
I'm in the middle of rewriting some exceptionally poor C auditing code;
basically, we're capturing all sorts of C2 and other auditing data from
Solaris, NT, and Tru64, munging it, and feeding it to a database...
at least that's the theory. It's never worked, and I was given two weeks
to rewrite the whole mess in perl.

The original C is so bad I just tubed it and started over. The guy was
getting
directory listings by system(ls>filename) and parsing the file....

<sigh> I hope I'll bne celebrating soon. I just got most of the Solaris
C2log parsing routines working, with the exception of the date. Seems
gmtime isn't Y2k compliant with 32-bit ints....

At least I get to work at home in my own lab.

Dave