[geeks] Whee! A $15 Email appliance!

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 9 15:12:29 CDT 2001

I ordered one of these last week, on a serious whim,
and I just got it today - I can't believe this worked!

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/mailstanalem.html

This is a Cidco (?) mailstation thingie, but it comes
from PacTel, and it can use *any* ISP - mine is
downloading email from my Verizon POP server as I
write this!

This is too cool, IMHO - a $15 all-in-one device for
checking email, haven't really played with it too
much, but I will report back any suprises.

ALso, Justdeals has a large number of seemingly decent
network hubs and such, poke around, there is some nice
stuff there...

Whee!

Ken

=====