[geeks] Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 17:50:24 CDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, David Cantrell wrote:
> Last time I looked, justice required a judge and a jury.  Perhaps I missed
> the change to the US constitution which did away with that and instead says
> that justice can be served by some pimply-faced youth pressing a button
> hundreds of miles away to release a weapon which might just about be able
> to hit a barn door on a good day, or by some not-quite-so-pimply youth
> flying with impunity thousands of feet above his medieval target.

last time i checked, those 'pimply-faced' youths that fired those missles
last night were both american *and* british. probably all of them had
more conviction/belief and a bigger set of balls than anyone here could
ever dream of possessing.

> >                                                                 and to
> > protect our country from further attacks from terrorists?
>
> How, pray, does bombing people who have nothing worth bombing do that?
> If I had a big enough grievance against the US, it sure as hell wouldn't
> stop me.

well, consider that the bombing runs were on specific targets (such as
training camps, surface to air missle batteries, command centers, and the
ilk). joe public might not have anything to bomb and thus is not being
targeted. we learned this public relations lesson about 60 years ago.

> Or alternatively, it illustrates that they believe the US is not interested
> in peacefully settling its differences with them.

i'd like for you to put out some rational, reasonable ideas on how an
entire country can sit down with a group of madmen and peacefully discuss
what has occured and how to fix/atone for it. until you front some ideas,
you're just whistlin' dixie.

i'm no warmonger--i dont agree with going in there blind and tossing off
rockets in the hopes that one of em kills the big bad enemy. i'd much
rather live in peace. unfortunately i dont see anyone anywhere putting forth a
rational, reasonable, non-warlike way to end/solve this. lots of people
say one exists but noone can make any further talk on the logistics of such
an event.

such a thing is called fixing the problem (useful idea, no?), not the
blame (useless)

--a