[geeks] Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 11:33:39 CDT 2001

On Mon, 2001-10-08 at 05:36, David Cantrell wrote:
> Now there is the small issue of this particular group of terrorists
> *allegedly* having lots of dosh already.  The appropriate venue for
> handling that is through the courts, the same way as other alleged
> terrorists are.  What's that?  They won't extradite him?  Then show them
> the oh-so-convincing evidence that is claimed to exist!  According to
> the US government, that 'evidence' is too sensitive to be shown to the
> government they are expecting to extradite someone, but do you *really*
> think that people will just believe it anyway?  Of course not.  Do you
> think that the US would extradite alleged terrorists to the UK without
> evidence?  Of course not.  So why impose different standards elsewhere?

I don't disagree with you her, but I would ask that you keep in mind the
reason this evidence is considered "too sensitive".  If they were to
divulge that information, it would most likely allow "the enemy" to
figure out how the information was gathered.  If it was gathered by
spys, that would put those people at risk of death, or worse.  If by
some sort of long-range surveillance, then it would give them a better
opportunity to avoid/hinder that surveillance.  Of course, if we don't
show them the evidence, they won't believe that it's convincing, so it's
pretty much a lose-lose situation.  :-(
	Greg