[geeks] purely hypothetical situation

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 5 12:30:33 CDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> If I had two SunBlade 1000s (1 x 900Mhz US-3, 1G RAM, 36G FC-AL HD),
> conneced back-to-back with GiGE cards, what should I run on them
> (other than SETI and RC5, of course..)

How about playing with clustering?  Or, some funf with the GRiD engine...

Or, pop the cpu out of the second one, stick it in the first, and have a
wicked-cool MP box.

You could rip MP3's real fast-like...

Trade 'wm in for a dual-CPU 800MHz G4 with 1.5G of RAM, and the 22" Cinima
LCD, then prepare to orgasm over OS X 10.1 on that config... (I've seen
it!  All I can say is W O W!)

-p