[geeks] ST:TNG

Kurt Mosiejczuk geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 4 15:46:20 CDT 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, John Duksta wrote:

> The new ReplayTV 4000 will be networkable. They can talk
> to other Replay's in your house or elsewhere. I think
> you can allocate up to 15 other Replays for it to talk to.

This sounds really sweet, but I recall there were a number of
features that were always "coming soon" to the original replays
that never happened...  So I'd like to see it be released before
getting too excited.

I suspect TiVo hasn't does this sort of thing because they are
trying to keep the prices low and get TiVo to be a mass-market
item.  And each little item like an ethernet chipset, or the
like just makes it that much more out of reach of that goal...

--Kurt