[geeks] Internet not prepared for attack?

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 2 13:08:57 CDT 2001

I got this in my inbox this morning, and I find it hard to believe, since the whole *point* of the ARPANET/Internet was to be able to establish communications inthe event of an attack (collection of peers as opposed to a single point of control)...

FBI, SANS Institute: Internet 'not ready' for attack

The FBI and SANS Institute today released a list of the top 20 vulnerabilities
of Internet-connected systems and urged companies to close those dangerous holes
 while warning again of potentially virulent cyberattacks to come.

http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV47_STO64384_NLTPM%2C00.html

====
Ken Hansen
Group Leader, Validation