[geeks] "Enterprise"

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 1 23:59:59 CDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 10:07:43PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > Oh sure, take the easy way out why don't you.  Real geeks make routers out
> > of IPXs, and TiVos out of Ultra 5s (or Blade 100s).  So what if it costs
> > more and takes longer to set up.
>
> Wrong, dude.  REAL geeks use their skills to land a killr job, then they
> can *afford* to buy goodies that work out of the box, leaving them more
> time to download porn on their DSL connection.  Proving, once again, that
> it's the goal, not the means. :-)

And how does a real geek get those mad skills, but by hacking together
their own TiVo (or insert other silly project that could be avoided by
subsituting $15k)?

Back to figuring out why my symbolic derivitive code isn't working
correctly.  This bloody palm is spoiling me when it comes to math classes
because it is more interesting to write scheme programs to do the math on
it than doing the homework is.  If only I were allowed to use the palm on
exams...

--
Joshua D. Boyd