[geeks] R.I.P. George Harrison

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 30 19:30:05 CST 2001

twmaster at twmaster.com writes:

>It is indeed a sad day. George Harrision passed away yesterday in England.

>IMHO he is one of the most influtential musical performer/composers.

The Beatles were one of the few bands that were both innovative and
popular. Usually the innovative bands remain obscure, known primarily
only by the other musicians who rip them off.

I personally loathe and despise them, and would rather listen to
used car commercials, but that's just a matter of taste.

I wonder if the surge in Beatles awareness due to today's news,
coupled with the well-known fiasco of the ownership of many of
their songs, could be used to spread the desire for copyright
law reform?

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------