[geeks] 700/RX for sale/trade + questions

Simeon Johnston geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 28 12:15:05 CST 2001

Sorry for the (?) double post.  Fsck'n Exchange server BS - Outlook
sucks a**.

I got 5 700/RX Xterminals that aren't doing any good on ebay.  Anyone
wanna trade/buy one of these?
They all got ram and are in pretty good shape (one has some plastic
missing).  Most have more then the standard 2MB onboard.
I may have some more ram around that I can put in them.
I also have a sight with the boot image.  Non have the ROM card.

One has a password on it.  Anyone know how to reset these to factory
defaults without going through the config?  It's pretty much useless
without the password.  Also 2 of them have the monitor rez/freq set too
high so I can't configure them for testing.

I'm sorta kinda planning on taking one to use with an SGI Origin 200 (
the terminal is getting on my nerves lately).  I know next to nothing
about IRIX so if anyone has some good sights/books/tutorials to
recommend it'd be greatly appreciated.

Specifically how to setup the thing for remote X sessions.  I got MI/X
working on my Mac (yay) but that's pretty unstable and doesn't work w/
everything (configuration problems).  I'm new to *nix in general and
very very new to X.

sim

I'm a loser.  Help me.