[geeks] So what is a "Frankenmac"?

Kurt Mosiejczuk geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 10:27:17 CST 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > Ever tried 256Kbit/s instead of 128K? I do all my stuff in 256K.

> When I make my own MP3s, it is always in 256kbits.  And most of my MP3s are
> made by myself.  I wonder if MP3 has a lossless mode like JPEG does...

Too things to look at.  One, Ogg Vorbis is sounding really nice... look at it.

And, if you are looking for lossless, look at FLAC.  It is truly lossless.
Granted, it doesn't compress nearly as far down as MP3 or vorbis, but you
can't compress taht far down without throwing out some information...

--Kurt