[geeks] Custom NFS servers

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 01:51:27 CST 2001

A few years ago I read an article in Linux Journal about writing custom NFS
servers in Perl as an easy way to create new file systems.  In particular the
author was using this method to create a revision control system that could be
queried by the path name.  His argument for the custom NFS server was that it
was easier that writing his own kernel file system.

Anyway, does anyone know anything about this?  I can't find the article in
question, and I fear that I threw it away a few weeks ago when I threw away
most of my linux journals to clear up space.

I thought it would be cool to look into an FTP and http file system.  Imagine
/http/www.sunhelp.org/index.html or
/ftp/ftp.gnome.org/anonymous/jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu/pub/gnome/stable/
Anyway, it was just a thought.

--