[geeks] Wireless Access Points

Goldarg geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 25 22:18:46 CST 2001

> Hmmm... I've had an original Airport base station for 1.5 years at our
> house, and it has never had a problem.  Dittio for the one where I used to
> work - it's still in operation, and we bought it the first week they were
> available.
> I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I've heard that the problems we have seen are caused by heat, a couple
caps on the airport itself bulge or leak and stop working causing the
airport to constantly reboot.

We're on our third set now I believe, we replaced the origional set with
the exact same caps, when those died we replaced the second set with
larger caps as suggested elsewhere on the net and we have not run into a
problem yet, but at the same time we removed most of the outer housing of
the airport to promote better air flow.