[geeks] Recommendations or warnings for a new DVD player

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 25 19:20:00 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> So, if you have recommendations or warnings as to a specific model or line of
> players please do lemme know.

I have been very happy with Pioneer stuff - they tend to do a good job
with optical equipment, and our DVD player is quite good.  (We also have a
Pioneer laserdisc player.)  I have had poor luck overall with Sony, and no
longer recommend them.

If you tell me your price range, I can give you some ideas.  There are
also some DVD-RAM recorders out there that are cool... :-)

_pete