[geeks] Wireless Access Points

James Sharp geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 25 16:02:10 CST 2001

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 10:28:16PM -0700, Goldarg wrote:
> > Can anyone make any recommendations for or against any wirless access
> > points?

Stay away from the cheapass SOHOWare accesspoints sold at Best Buy.  They
work okay, but when you get the access point...you don't get any software
to configure the unit with.  That software comes only with the
corresponding cards they sell...and won't work with any other cards.

So you can't turn on any encryption or filtering or anything like that.