[geeks] ipfilter question - was:DHCP silliness

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 25 09:35:38 CST 2001

PLW> (All of basenji.com sits behind one NAT address, and incoming ports are
PLW> routed to the system running the appropriate service.  All internal
PLW> systems ('bout 9 of them) use one box for DNS.)

I gotta ask - were you able to get active FTP clients running under
these conditions?

I'm having a helluva time getting any FTP to work behind a NAT'd SpeedStream
and an OpenBSD 2.8 SS2 boxen on a DSL line.  I can get anything else done with
simple hole punches but FTP and "keep state" just doesn't seem to want to work.

It's almost like ipfilter is ignoring any attempt to make an outgoing
port automatically.

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc