[geeks] organization idea

David Irvine geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 22 05:29:59 CST 2001

I've heard wonderful reports from people using an application called
Stow, which is a GNU App. When you install an application from source,
you use prefix=/usr/local/stow/ then, after you make install you run
Stow. Stow then searches through its files and makes symlinks to where
the file should be. If you want to delete an app completely you just
delete the directory from stow and run stow and it removes symlinks and
uninstalls all traces of your application.

It might be what your looking for.

HTH

David