[geeks] microcontroller stuff

Forrest Black geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 15:30:39 CST 2001

on 11/20/01 1:16 PM, Peter L. Wargo at pwargo at basenji.com wrote:

> You might want to offer some advice... :-)

I would definitely recommend the Basic Stamp -- I got their StampWorks
package; it's pricey, but after running through several of the experiments,
you're definitely in the right frame of mind to design custom stuff.

I can't say I have experience with any others, though.  This one looked
interesting, includes a simulator:

    http://www.epemag.com/cdptut.htm

For doing more serious embedded stuff than "playing around", possibly:

    http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/products/rcm2000/

Another search result:

    http://www.rentron.com/

Hope you have some fun, however you do it -- let us know.

--
Forrest Black . cfb at ncgr.org . 15059954479 [FAX:4475]
.. . .. National Center for Genome Resources .. .. ..