[geeks] Xyplex question and something about iMacs...

Mike Ekholm geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 15 07:51:33 CST 2001

Its a terminal server.

http://www.siserv.com/product/nbase/xyplex/xyplex_terminal_servers.htm

The above URL is based on the newer xyplex models, and the 1600 is quite old.
Here are some docs I found when I was playing with the xyplex:

http://docs.ekholm.org/misc/pdf/Xyplex-SWInst.pdf
http://docs.ekholm.org/misc/pdf/Xyplex-bascfg.pdf
http://docs.ekholm.org/misc/pdf/Xyplex-advcfg.pdf
http://docs.ekholm.org/misc/pdf/Xyplex-cmdref.pdf
http://docs.ekholm.org/misc/pdf/Xyplex-errmsg.pdf
http://docs.ekholm.org/misc/pdf/Xyplex-flash.pdf

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:10:06AM -0600, simeonuj wrote:
> Ok... first of all.  What exactly does the Xyplex Maxserver 1600 do?  I've
> sold about 30 of these on ebay so far and I don't think I've ever advertised
> them correctly now that I've read all those Xyplex threads.
> At first I assumed it was a 16 port ethernet hub but couldn't find out for
> sure.  I think I even advertised them as such but have never gotten any
> complaints so either the people buying them knew what they were or I was
> freakin lucky.
>
> Secondly...  IIRC there was something a while back about moving an iMac from
> it's cute little case into a tower w/ a seperate monitor.
> Anyone know how to do this?  Our iMac 400DV's Monitor is going to crap.  Red
> hue and lines every now and then.  It's going down pretty quickly now and I
> still haven't figured out why it started in the first place.
> So.  I want to move the whole damn thing into a different case and maybe get
> a bigger monitor too.
> Is this possible?
>
> sim

 -Mike Ekholm