[geeks] Well, the Mac SE/30 arrived - DEAD :^(

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 09:03:39 CST 2001

Unfortunate, but possibly fixable. If you are good with a voltmeter and a
soldering iron there are some excellent Fix Your Mac web sites. The SE30 was
a surprisingly simple design that is easily home cured of even the most
serious problems. Even some sections of the logic board are repairable.

The Mac / Mac SE* have a cult following and are well supported. I did see
some posts offering an SE for parts, but the SE30 is a very different
machine as far as the logic board is concerned.

Reply if you want my Mac link collection. Otherwise, I was picking up Mac
SE30's here in New Hampshire all summer long at yard sales for about 20
bucks with maxed ram and in working condition. I only picked up two (need
two for appletalk), but if you want some when the yard sale season opens I
can probably get a couple. The local college (Colby-Sawyer) dumped hundreds
into local homes during a sell-off some years ago.

btw, I also find compact Mac generation apple printers (ink/dot/laser) from
$10 to $30 from time to time.