[geeks] I've just seen this

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 17:42:48 CST 2001

mrbill at mrbill.net writes:

>On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 04:57:17PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>> O wait, the IBMs only were PPCs weren't they, not the real POWER chips.  That
>> might be why I don't hear about them.  Perhaps IBM should put the POWER chips
>> in notebooks, just so that we can say the above.

>"Its a laptop!  No!  Its a hot plate!  Its the Short-Order-Cook-Book!"

>Thats why they dont have real POWER-series chips in laptops.

Easily solved. Make a waterproof POWER4 laptop aimed at the SCUBA
crowd. And.... it only works when fully immersed. :-)

("Oh yes, that problem's been fixed. Only the very first generation
units attracted sharks.")

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-- I make them out of clay and bring them to life with a blood sacrifice. --