[geeks] Wireless Ethernet

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 08:59:59 CST 2001

If the house was built within the last 30 or 40 years, it has fireblocks in
the walls that run like a band around each room. Some houses only use
fireblocks on the outside walls (different codes in different localities).
Fireblocks suck for pulling cable. They are a chunk of 2X4 placed
horizontally between the studs. If you have a stud finder you can locate two
studs, then start at the floor between the studs and follow up the wall. If
there are fireblocks you will find it, usually mid-way.