[geeks] well, that explains it...

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 7 15:26:34 CST 2001

> Sorry to hear of all you have had to go through
> on this. Years ago, I had a motocycle and used to

I'll second that - I was forced to stop riding after a rather heinous
accident where my right shoulder was broken in several places.

> Oddly enough, I have recently condidered getting
> another bike to get around with here in Holland.
> I have seen a nice "GSXR-1100 W" parked on a street
> that I frequently walk down. It appears the owner has been
> modifying it: repainting, fairing, etc. Something like
> this might be fun to own but could be a great temptation
> to go fast, etc.

Yikes!  The problem with gixxers (and YZF-R1s, and Hayabusas, etc) is that
they're capable of *insane* stunts, including speeds waaay beyond legal
limits.  Not to knock them though - they're very nice bikes.

I've been trying to save up for a couple years to buy another bike, but
every time I get close something more necessary comes up - like a house, a
water heater, wifes car, food/bills (due to layoffs), and most recently we
decided to buy me a truck (for hauling "stuff").  The motorcycle is on hold
until at least the summer - good thing to, I'm having trouble trying to
decide which one.  The Kawasaki Drifter 800 and the Suzuki Volusia are both
attractive bikes.  Hopefully nothing more important comes up between now and
then...

Kurt