[geeks] How to confuse an induhvidual

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 5 22:37:56 CST 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 11:31:54PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Just today I handed a clerk $42.25 on a $32.25 purchase, and that caused
> the clerk quite a bit of confusion.  Sigh.  And I'm not even that fast
> with 'rithmatic.

Went through burger king last night.  Total for our dinner was $10.13.
Only after we got home did I look at the receipt(s).  Register receipt was
10.13.  Debit card receipt (yes, BK takes plastic now, here) was $0.13.
Apparently they typoed while charging the card, so my card only got charged
thirteen cents for a burger combo, some tacos, and two kingsize cokes.

I figure that the $10 they just lost makes up for all the times theyve
screwed up my order in the past 2.5 years.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net