[geeks] Repairing traces on plastic

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 4 08:45:31 CST 2001

> I'm in needs of pointers where I can find a bottle of something conductive
> and liquid-like to repair (2) VT200 keyboards I scratched by accident
> while cleaning.

I've used conductive paint from time to time to repair window
defoggers/defrosters - I don't know how flexible it is, as it's meant for
use on glass.  It's worth a try anyway - it's only a couple dollers for a
small bottle at your local auto parts store.

There's also a conductive metal tape, also at your local auto parts store
(or Radio Shack).  It is, if I recall, aluminum based.  It's also marginally
flexible - but I don't how wether it will stand up to continuous flexing.

Kurt