[geeks] Security People haven't heard of OpenBSD!

Mike Meredith geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 3 06:48:12 CST 2001

On Friday 02 November 2001 23:42, you wrote:
> > "Security audit" of our network.  What they handed us was a Nessus
> > report printout. (www.nessus.org).  The UNIX admins groaned and
>
> Their report sucked!  A happy smiley meant no problems, a frowny

I'm on a penetration testing mailing list (not that I'm really one, but
you do pick up some interesting info there), and every so often you
hear rants about incompetant security "audits" done by companies who do
no more than (or frequently less than) run Nessus against a network.

These companies annoy the experts as much as they annoy us (well ...
not me as I've never encountered one, I do this stuff myself).