[geeks] Re: geeks digest, Vol 1 #135 - 12 msgs

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 13:37:19 CDT 2001

Convince your friend to quickly snatch one of the SS/5-170s at
supersellers.net - the price is great, the components are all sun
labeled/barcoded/firmwared/whatever, and it comes with a Cat5 cable and
Microphone II too!

Seriously, I can't find an upgrade to the SS/5-170 for less than that
machine:

    SS/5-170
    1x 4 Gig HD
    3x 32 Meg DIMMs
    TGX (mine was Surface Mount components, like you mentioned)
    The case looks *new*

And if he ever tires of it, he will have a *perfect* box for shipping it to
an eBay "winner."

Also, the RAM at Supersellers is quite cheap too - low-cost upgrade to the
*delightful* 256 Meg RAM is easily affordable...

Ken