[geeks] ph-ux!

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 10:05:03 CDT 2001

Being a "owner/operator" is very rough, you have to manage your loads and minimize your down time/dead head travel (waiting for a job/driving to a job without a load). And when you do get a load, you are paid a small amount over the cost to operate the truck for the given amount of time. Oh, and hope that the $75-125K investment you are riding around in doesn't break.

Of course, salaried drivers have different dynamics, that mainly involve quality of life compromises.

Better to be a life guard and get some VR Goggle type display and code there... Besides, then you could persue another career and join the Ski Patrol in the winter! (Though I would suggest saving your coding efforts until you are at the bottom of the run... ;^)

Ken