[geeks] RE: portable vt100

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 14:05:38 CDT 2001

Maybe it would work as a dialup relay.  I mean, set on modem to auto
answer, so when you call it, you now control the other modem and can call
out again.  Usefull if, say, one modem was an 800 number.  You could call
the setup from anywhere, and then dial the other modem out to your ISP.

I don't know.  Just a thought as to why someone might want to connect two
modems via serial.  I don't even know if the idea would work.

--
Joshua Boyd