[geeks] argh

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 12:14:52 CDT 2001

> Kinda a sucky option, but if all you need are ISOs and MP3s, then I guess
> it would be tolerable.  T1s are available pretty much anywhere, depending
> on how much disposable income you have.

depends how far away you live from your ISP.  T1s cost per length, so if you
are a couple miles (20 miles PtP is $600/month, and that's without connecting
to an ISP) away, cool, if not, you may want to consider Frame-Relay which is
your place to the teleco's nearest CO, and then into the cloud, so it doesn't
matter how far away you are, if it's a mile or 4000 miles, but, i don't think
F/R get's reasonable until you are something like 30+ miles away since it is
pretty expensive.  and 768K per link is you max (at 2 links per wire)

F/R is cool as shit though.  i love it.

-brian