[geeks] bulk-erasing a HD

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 20:51:25 CDT 2001

I've got a SCA HD here, out of a SGI machine, that I need to erase
or at least render unreadable before sending off to someone.  Unfortunately,
I dont have the right bracket, nor the tools to re-use one of my existing
brackets, to mount this in my U60 and dd it to death.

We *do* have a bulk eraser at work that's used on backup tapes - would
this work, or would it also fuck up the servo tracks on the disk and
make it completely unusable?  If it has to be re-low-level-formatted thats
okay; as long as the guy can use it when it gets to him...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net