[geeks] RE: portable vt100

Earl Baugh geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 12:48:04 CDT 2001

A basic Palm with one of the "fold-able" keyboards makes for a very
reasonable console.   Even the older Palms work with these, so you
can get one pretty cheaply. (the kbd's run various $$ amounts, but
$100 gets a pretty decent one).  I saw (but have since lost the link...
I'd kill to find it) an adapter which let you plug a standard PC kbd
into a Palm (and also had a mouse port, so you could plug in one
of those CueCat scanners, and have a handy-dandy bar code scanner...
great for cataloging your CD collection...)

I've not played with this type of solution with my Handspring Visor Prism
yet, but that's because I've been spending my toy money on springboard
modules....

Earl