[geeks] argh

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 10:19:03 CDT 2001

My neighborhood has *only* one entry/exit road (small, cul-de-sac community, no gates or other such nonsense) and I think there has been exactly one break-in in the 30+ years the neighborhood has existed, and that was suspected of being an inside job (like kids breaking into parents house)...

Friends visitng from Germany were *amazed* that I didn't lock my car on my driveway - I explained that it was more expensive to buy replacement glass than anything I leave in my car, and that it was so unlikely that anything would happen that it is not worth the bother.

But, I would never say that I leave my doors unlocked on my house in such an open forum. ;^) That would be foolish...

Ken